Virtual Fax Services
Virtual Fax is an Internet based fax service that enables you to send and receive faxes using your email. Virtual Fax Services allows you to stop wasting money on fax paper and fax toner. All faxes sent to you will be converted into digital format and then sent directly to your e-mail. All you have to do is send an email (plus any attachments, if desired) and we forward that to the destination fax machine (s) of your choice. In order to receive faxes by email, we provide you with your own personal fax number. Any faxes sent to this number are redirected as email to your inbox.
What are the benefits of the Virtual Fax Services?
Virtual Fax Services are Convenient and Cost Effective
- No additional hardware or software needed!
- Confident delivery – automatic redials and proof notification!
- Stay in touch with clients, keep accurate records, and receive transaction-based information and contracts from wherever you access your e-mail!
Virtual Fax Services are Efficient
- Easily manage incoming and outgoing forms and documents without using paper!
Virtual Fax Services are Integrated and Automated
- Eliminate dedicated stand-alone fax infrastructure!
- Protect sensitive information like resumes and customer information!
- Replace manual faxing with automated distribution of invoices, notices and forms!
General Questions and Answers on Virtual Fax Services
How do I use the service?
Please follow the steps below:
To send a fax:
- Start your email program and create a new message. The email message format must be set as plain text only.
- Enter the recipient's name in the “subject” field of the e-mail. This information will appear in the fax header (the subject field is optional).
- Provide any text you want faxed with the body of the email. This text will be converted to a fax image using a 12 point fixed width font. You can attach one or more files to your email message (i.e.: Word, Excel and HTML)
- Click Send.
The documents you are generating on your computer may easily be attached to your message. If you want to fax physical documents, you will need a scanner – the physical documents may be easily scanned and then attached.
To receive a fax:
- As soon as you receive your new Virtual Fax number, you can begin receiving faxes as e-mail attachments.
- When you receive a fax, open the fax attachment by double clicking on it.2. Which file formats am I able to use as attachments?
View here a complete list of the files we support:
- Adobe PDF
- AMI Draw Graphics
- ANSI Text
- Applix Graphics
- Applix Spreadsheets
- Applix Words
- ASCII Text
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM)
- Corel Draw CDR (TIFF Header)
- Corel QuattroPro
- Encapsulated PostScript (EPS)
- Enhanced Metafile (EMF)
- IBM DCA/RFT
- IBM Displaywrite
- JPEG File Interchange Format
- Lotus 1-2-3* Lotus AMI Pro Lotus AMI Write Plus Lotus Freelance* Lotus Pic (PIC) Lotus Word Pro*
- Mac PICT (raster content) MacPaint (MAC)
- Maker Interchange Format (MIF)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Windows Bitmap (BMP)
- Microsoft Word
- PC PaintBrush (PCX)
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- SGI RGB
- Sun Raster
- Truevision Targa
- Unicode Text
How long will it take to transmit my fax?
When you send a fax: Upon receipt of your email, we will begin sending your fax to its destination(s) immediately. If not successful on the first attempt, it will be resent 2 more times at 3-minute intervals. Note: You will not be charged for unsuccessful faxes.
When you receive a fax: We immediately convert your fax to an email and forward it to you. The only reason for a delay would be the result of a delay by your internet service provider.
How will I know if my fax is delivered?
An email confirmation notice with the following information will be sent to you as soon as the delivery results are known, i.e.:
Fax was sent successfully Reference No.
# of pages : To fax #
Does my computer have to be turned on to receive faxes?
No. All messages are stored in your email account, waiting for you to retrieve them whenever you want.6. If two people send me a fax at the same time, will one of them get a busy signal?
No. Your Virtual Fax number is an "always-on, never busy" number. Multiple faxes can be received simultaneously.
The faxes I receive are typically 10 - 20 pages long. How large will the file be?
10-page fax plus a cover page is approximately 320 kb.
What happens if I need you to resend my fax?
An administration fee $25 will apply for each special request to search our historical data logs to locate previously sent faxes. Some reasons why you may need your fax resent: you lost your fax; you forgot to tell us that your email address changed; server or other technical problems within your organization, etc.
Do you put your own advertisements on my faxes?
No we do not include our advertisements on your faxes. Virtual Fax is your personal communication medium and we do not interfere with the document in any way.
Technical Questions and Answers on Virtual Fax Services
What are the technical and software requirements of the service?
To send and receive faxes all you need is an email account and Internet access. To enhance your user experience we recommend Internet Explorer version 5.0 or higher.
Can your staff members read my faxes?
No. In order to ensure your security and confidentiality, our system is completely automated. Once your message arrives at your Virtual Fax number, it is sent directly to your email address then removed from our server.
Can I use Virtual Fax with my broadband Internet service?
Yes you can. As long as you can send and receive email you can use Virtual Fax, because it does not rely on a dedicated phone line, but uses your email service instead.
What email applications work with this service?
As long as your email is MIME compliant you will be able to use Virtual Fax.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (403) 668-7895