Enhanced Voicemail (including Videomail) for Business
You get a very sophisticated voicemail system with personal greeting and have the option of forwarding voicemails as MP3 attachments to your email and/or sending notification via SMS to your mobile phone. You can access voicemail from your VCP by dialing 00 from your VoIP phone or by or dialing your VoIP number from any other phone (dial * once the announcement starts, and enter your password). You can even get voicemail if the person calling you has a video-capable device!
Your business phone service supports videomail, as long as both parties have a video-phone or a compatible video softphone application. Videomail is managed exactly like voicemail except for the file format.
You can retrieve your videomail from a videophone, your computer (with appropriate playback application), or from video-capable devices like an Android, BlackBerry, or iPhone.
Accessing Messages with the Web Control Panel
The Messages tab allows you to:
- Listen to your voicemail from the VCP with an MP3 player, such as Windows Media Player or Apple iTunes.
- Save voicemail messages indefinitely within the VCP. You can save messages to your local computer if you have chosen the email option, or by saving the MP3 file that‟s played.
- Delete unwanted voicemail messages (they will disappear overnight).
- Set up voicemail delivery.
The voicemail table has the following fields for each record:
- Play – Select the Play button to hear your voicemail
- Status – New, Played, Deleted or Saved
- From Number – the number associated with the caller who left the voicemail
- Date, Time and Duration – of the call
- Select Checkbox – used with the Save or Delete buttons. Click the upper right checkbox to select all records.
The capacity of your voicemail box and the length of time unsaved messages will be kept are noted at the bottom of the screen.